University of Central Florida, 1973 B.S.
Certified Public Accountant, 1975 C.P.A
University of Miami School of Law, 1979 J.D.
Masters of Law Degree in Estate Planning, 1980
Board Certified in Taxation FL Bar Since 1985
Phone: (407) 255-2055
Ivan LefkowitzAsset Protection, Corporate & Business law, Taxation, and Estate Planning
Ivan is a Florida attorney practicing in the areas of asset protection, corporate and business law, taxation, and estate planning. Mr. Lefkowitz has practiced since 1979, representing individuals and closely held businesses, including basic to highly sophisticated estate planning arrangements, business entity design, employee benefits and federal tax planning. He is a frequent lecturer on issues involving business, estate planning, and asset protection planning.
In 1973, Mr. Lefkowitz earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Central Florida. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1975, and practiced several years before attending law school. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 1979. In 1980, Mr. Lefkowitz earned his Masters of Law Degree in Estate Planning. He has been Board Certified in Taxation by the Florida Bar since 1985 to the present time.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar and continues to be a member of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Sections and Tax Section. 1979
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court., 1980
- Employee Benefits Council – Past President and Board Member
- Central Florida Estate Planning Council
- University of Central Florida Foundation; Board Member for 8 years and Member of Stewardship Committee.
- University of Central Florida Dean’s Executive Council for the College of Business Administration; Member for 10 years.
- Foundation for Orange County Public Schools; Board Member, and Member of Finance Committee.
- National Kidney Foundation of Central Florida; Past President and Board Member.
- 2001 — Inducted into University of Central Florida College of Business Hall of Fame.
- 2007 — Honored by the University of Central Florida Alumni Association as the 2007 recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award for Service to University of Central Florida.
- Since 2008, Mr. Lefkowitz has been annually recognized as a “Florida Super Lawyer”.
- 2012 Honored by Jewish Family Service of Central Florida with its Community Service Award of the year.
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- From 2011 to the present time, Mr. Lefkowitz has been involved in creating and funding Healing Hunger Now, food programs for the underserved students of Orange County.
- Mr. Lefkowitz has sponsored scholarships for MBA students at University of Central Florida College of Business and funded a conference room at the college.